Trief & Olk has successfully represented numerous clients injured by physicians who failed to diagnose and treat their clients properly. A few examples of our ability to obtain verdicts or settlements include:
- Our client suffered extensive liver damage when her physician improperly severed the common bile duct. Because the physician did not check to make sure it was intact after gallbladder surgery, blood supply to her organs was cut off. As a result, she faces a lifetime of constant medical supervision and potential liver failure. She received a multimillion dollar recovery.
- A successful businessman who suffered a minor heart attack was not properly monitored, resulting in his condition deteriorating and major complications requiring a heart transplant. We were able to obtain a multimillion dollar settlement for him.
- We represented the mother of an infant diagnosed with Erb’s Palsy resulting from the doctors’ failure to recognize that a Caesarian birth was necessary. We obtained a structured settlement and upfront cash resulting in a guaranteed payout of over a million dollars and a projected payment of several million dollars.
- We represented a client whose common bile duct was transected during a laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Despite an operative report indicating no complications, we were able to secure a settlement of multiple millions of dollars on behalf of the injured plaintiff.
- After what was supposed to be a routine arthroscopic knee surgery, our client suffered a serious infection that was ignored by his physician, resulting in the destruction of cartilage in his knee. After trial, we obtained a seven figure verdict.
- We represented an infant diagnosed with Erb’s Palsy due to the delivering obstetrician applying improper force. After a trial, the jury found for our client and awarded a seven-figure verdict.
- Incorrect eye surgeries were improperly performed on our client related to a glaucoma condition she had. She recovered a settlement of almost a million dollars.
- While undergoing surgery for a shoulder replacement because of osteoarthritis, our client suffered a brachial plexus injury. We were able to obtain a settlement on his behalf of over half a million dollars.
The above are just a few examples of the kinds of medical malpractice cases we represent. If you or a loved one has suffered injury or damage as a result of improper medical care, please call or e-mail us to discuss your case with one of our experienced New York or New Jersey medical malpractice attorneys.
Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.