We have represented and counseled numerous lawyers and law firms in claims against other lawyers and firms. The confidence our peers have in our abilities may be our greatest endorsement.
We have represented law firms in the following kinds of matters:
- A suit by a discharged partner brought against his former firm regarding profits and capital account distribution.
- Division of fees between two law firms arising out of mass torts awards.
- Division of contingent fees between two principal partners against a third partner.
- Partnership agreements and the termination of relationships
An example of a law firm litigation case we have handled is:
- Bookson v. Shandell, Blitz, Blitz & Ashley – Trief & Olk represented a law firm in an action brought by a former partner of the firm. The parties disagreed concerning the amounts due the former partner under the firm’s partnership agreement. In addition to successfully obtaining orders from the Supreme Court interpreting the partnership agreement’s arbitration provision and not requiring the arbitration to take place at the American Arbitration Association, Trief & Olk’s client prevailed at the arbitration and obtained a final award of the arbitrator which limited the former partner’s recovery to the amount the law firm claimed was due the former partner under the partnership agreement.
If you are an attorney requiring independent legal counsel in a law firm dispute, please contact our law firm to discuss your case with one of our law firm dispute litigation attorneys in New York or New Jersey.
Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.